Have you ever noticed how easy it is to stay stuck in your past? Sometimes this happens and we don’t even realize it.
A few signs that you might be stuck in the past…
- You find yourself talking about a past relationship or old hurt on a weekly basis.
- You constantly feel like a victim.
- There is little or no evidence of newness in your life.
- You still make that face when that person’s name is mentioned. (also a sign of unforgiveness).
Of course there is a grieving process BUT we also can extend that unnecessarily.
Why do we get stuck in the past? Simply put… The past is familiar. And, because we are NOT healed.
Jehovah Rapha is the covenant, faithful name of our God who has the ability, power, and willingness to heal EVERY part of us! Because healing is readily available staying in the past is honestly our CHOICE. We don’t have to stay there.
“Listen carefully, I am about to do a new thing, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even put a road in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert.”
ISAIAH 43:19 AMP
What is the NEW thing?
In this verse, the wilderness or desert represents lonely, barren places. Places of mourning or grief. IN the wilderness places, where you may feel lost and alone, God said He WILL create a pathway. He will come right in the middle of the situation and create a path for you to move or escape. That pathway looks like new opportunities and doors suddenly opened. That’s the NEW thing. He can do more than just keep you from things. He can come in the midst and create a pathway no matter what it looks like. He also says that when you are in dry, lifeless places He will bring what you need most…water. Not, not a cup, not a stream, but a river. This is symbolic of Him being able to do the absolutely impossible!
The Father is doing something NEW but we don’t see it because we are fixated on the PAST. Just maybe that thing that came to an end or that thing that devastated you is also the beginning of something NEW. Something beautiful. Our God specializes in giving beauty for ashes (Isaiah 61:3).
Principles about the NEW:
- We must forget and release the old. We cannot hold them simultaneously.
- Just because you don’t see the new in the natural doesn’t mean it doesn’t already exist in the spirit. He said that it will spring forth which implies that a seed was in the ground. It’s just a matter of time before you see it manifest.
- What the Father is going to do will be greater than what He has done in the past.
- A shift in our perception ( how you see things) is required in order to see and recognize the new.
Why not let today be the start of something new?
Endless opportunities are ahead! The father says He knows the plans that He has for us (Jeremiah 29:11). I remember asking the Lord about new things for my life. What I then saw was a row of gifts as far as my I could see. He said he has a plan for every day, of the rest of my life. It may look like uncertainty to me but it doesn’t to Him. It is so reassuring to know that he has a plan. He has a plan to bring me into new places, new seasons and new dimensions of my purpose. I’m excited for the journey ahead! Are you?
Father, create in us a desire for the new thing! Give us courage to let go of the old. Holy Spirit, break the ties that keep us bound to the dead things in our past. Shift our eyes and renew our mind in order to perceive and receive the new that you are bringing to us. Newness begins today! In the name of Jesus, amen.
P.S. Don’t forget to join my mailing list for the latest news. My NEW book “God I DON’T want to trust You!” is on the way!